Sunday, December 21, 2008

Post-Op Day 3 (POD3)



Please keep in mind I had a decent amount of vicodin in my system at the time of this video :-D

The Jets of course blew it... and I could not be more upset... just adds insult to injury... ouch/grrr

Other things I use for my self-rehab include an NMES machine (nuero-muscular electrical stimulation) to help wake up the quad muscle after the surgery made it quite useless. Switching that off with some high volt (electrical stimulation as well) to help with some pain modulation. Doing some range of motion exercises to replace the CPM (link as promised in the video). Along with these modalities I have been doing heel slides, standing end range extension and seated hip flexion, tried my first prone hang today. I really am looking forward to being able to complete a straight leg raise with that operated leg... gee willigers

Here is that study I was discussing relatively incoherently in the video about a rabbit and the CPM...

Back to the meds... maybe they can help me forget the Jets :(

No comments: