Monday, June 16, 2008

First Impressions

You only get one chance to make a first impression... or so they say.

In a few hours I will be making my second first impression at my Hospital, since I was there as a student almost two years ago. The problem is I have to start out by asking for days off because of a continuing education course I had already signed up and paid for before knowing I had this position and now getting called for jury duty, grrr. Being stuck in jury duty for a percentage of the summer would be a pretty bad first impression to make, missing the hospital-wide orientation... but at least it may give me a chance to study for my boards? I hear you get a lot of free time in jury duty, maybe?

Well, I am off to start my two-hour commute, hope you guys are experiencing great first impressions today!

Oh, by the way, I ran the 5-mile race yesterday in 41:46, cutting my 13.1 mile pace down by a whole 5 seconds... which is pretty bad and not what I was shooting for at all :(
But I got to be on t.v. and have a ton of excuses as to why I didn't do as well as I should have, including the 96% relative humidity, but there are no excuses, just results, so I need to do better next time!

Hope everyone had a great father's day!

And now for something really special... two of my best father friends:

No comments: