Sunday, February 22, 2009

Another Lazy Sunday


Got about 4 hours of biking in yesteday, very leisure like. I was going to go swim today, but decided to rest up for my V02 bike test tomorrow. This will be a big test for my endurance since I have not been going too hard in training yet. The knee is feeling much better, at about 9 weeks I had my first experience of descending stairs without pain.
.
Preparing a little for one of our mock evals tomorrow that we do every monday, we will be thoroughly reviewing the shoulder. Exams, normative values, etc. Interventions to follow.
.
Also, in putting together a presentation on spinal manipulation, I found this great guest editorial in JOSPT with this answer as to what to tell a patient when they ask why spinal manipulation therapy worked:

...the spinal manipulation caused transient and widespread forces to be
absorbed through the treated area. These forces produced a barrage of input into
the nervous system, evoking responses between the spinal cord and the cortex. A
likely explanation for the successful outcomes achieved in this particular
patient could be pain inhibition and changes in motneuron pool activity,
although non-specific effects due to placebo and patient expectation could not
be ruled out.

No comments: