Monday, September 1, 2008

Down to the wire

Studying is fun... not!

There are easy things to get, like the fact that women who are pregnant have an influx of a chemical called relaxin (which sounds like relax) which oddly enough "relaxes" the joints and ligaments to make the woman's joints more mobile to allow for an easier delivery, and the chemical can stay in place for up to 3 months after delivery.

Then there are ridiculously complex topics and topics that you really need to see for yourself or force yourself to learn because otherwise they make no sense! Almost anything that is an eponym fits that bill. Things like wound care and spinal tracts are just not areas of interest to name two...

Anywho... I will report back how the rest of studying is going...
I would like to throw out that I am really enjoying my time at the Hospital for Special Surgery despite up to 4 hours of commuting a day, I have some great co-workers throughout the hospital and some awesome patients, and I learn new stuff everyday, its a pretty awesome first job

No comments: