Sunday, August 2, 2009

Different Feet

Reading through a running magazine I saw an advertisement for these shoes that allow for more custom fit than most shoes offer. Check out the fitting video here.

I recently took a Vasyli course about biomechanics of the foot which was very useful. Brian Hoke is an excellent speaker, very engaging and insightful. I highly recommend any course he presents. There is still much reflection and further analysis that I need to do to best implement the information into my clinical practice. Are orthotics more a crutch or a tool for the foot? There seems to be those who believe they can ease everything up the kinetic chain including back pain while others say we can fix the issues with exercise, stretching and some manual therapy. This is the beauty of being a New Professional; learning is a lifelong process, and I am excited for the opportunities that lay ahead.

No comments: