Thursday, August 21, 2008

No Internet!!!

So to cut my commute by about 3 hours and 50 minutes daily I have managed to apartment sit for a friend of my mother's near my hospital, unfortunately I have no way of finding out the wireless password and the ethernet doesn't seem to work for some reason so it's been rough goings as far as updating... I have been updating my "shared items" on the bottom right hand of this page which has some really interesting stuff every day, I get that all through my phone very easily...

I ran (figuratively) back to my long commute today to pick up my new rollerblades (which are too small and a pain to return via mail:( and my new tennis racket (my first one ever really-new game for me, got a long way to go)...

Still been running (literally), and will undergo a V02 max test next Monday which is exciting.
Been watching a bit of history at the olympics, between Phelps and Bolt I am amazed, much moreso by Bolt who if you divide out his "40-time" from the 200m would equate to a 3.53 or something crazy low like that when the top rookie to run it at the combine this year was at about a 4.27... if anyone can fathom these numbers kudos to you and kudos to those olympians, world records being shattered

Back to my board prep for a minute though... I took another Practice Exam/Assessment Tool (PEAT) from the fsbpt and improved and achieved the score I told my professor I expected to... I am 2/2 at predicting within one point of my score which has to count for something... hopefully the day of the real exam I predict a minimum of a 77 or so since 75 seems to be passing nowadays (I have heard rumblings that there is a bit of a tiny curve?).

One thing I found very helpful in taking the exam was drawing a little human on my dry erase board (that is what is provided for the exam to jot down whatever helps you throughout the exam). Many questions force you to picture a lot of anatomy so it helps to have that little guy/gal to help visualize what the question is trying to trick you into... or I trick myself into...

Upon review of the questions I got wrong (and even most of the ones I got right) I realized that I like to overthink questions a bit... which I kind of always knew... as I tend to ramble also I think that ties into it... and at work they tell me I am too thorough and can leave some superfluous things out of my instructions, still trying to be efficient... the more feedback I get the better I get at it... although my patients seem to enjoy all the extra tidbits :-D

At work today we were given a clinical competency exam (the 3 newer employees) which was fairly interesting, had somethings I had not seen clinically and some I have seen once or twice but should be much more familiar with... it is such a great learning experience being there though... can't applaud them enough on the educational aspects of the environment...

Anyway, from all the figurative and literal running I have to get back to shower and study... more to come on the study tactics and I bid you all adieu!

No comments: